The benefits of adding a good quality patio to your home:
1. Added value: Whether your property is a home or an investment, there’s no doubt that a new patio or pergola will add value. By increasing the living space of your property, you are increasing the overall appeal for prospective buyers. A quality patio that has been built well will require less ongoing maintenance – this is something to consider.
2. Increased functionality and usability: With the addition of a new Patio or Pergola comes increased living space. We have many clients who tell us they spend more time on their patio than they do inside! We also install and integrate LED Lighting, TV’s, Fans, Outdoor Kitchens and other features to patios that we build here on the Gold Coast.
3. Shelter for your family and assets: A well-built patio or pergola is essentially shelter – from the harsh Gold Coast sun and rain. Not only does it provide a place to protect your assets such as BBQs, Outdoor Furniture, TVs and Toys, but it is a place for you and your family to keep out of the weather.
Things to avoid when building a patio:
1. Low-quality materials: The use of cheap, low-quality materials is the key to patio failure. We have seen it all during our time building patios on the Gold Coast. Our harsh climate results in faster wear and tear of roofing, componentry and timber. Unless the right materials are used, your new Patio may become a victim of the weather.
2. Very quick installations: Building a patio or pergola that will stand the test of time requires planning, careful design and attention to detail. There are a huge amount of considerations. Be wary of builders that offer incredible turn around times and that don’t pay attention to detail.
3. Lack of qualifications and insurances: In today’s DIY market, there are a lot of individuals who offer patio building services. Be wary of builders who do not have the relevant qualifications and insurances – we have seen and heard of many people being caught out over the years and we can safely advise it is not worth the headache.